When developing or changing the use of your land a Planning Permit Application may be required to obtain Local Council approval. This is applicable to all sectors including:
  • Residential
  • Commercial
  • Industrial
  • Rural
Whether a project requires a Planning Permit (VIC) or a Development Approval (NSW, SA) it is determined by state or local government policy.
Common projects that require a Planning Permit or Development Approval are:
  • Subdivision of land
  • Applying for a new or change of land use
  • Commercial or Industrial developments
  • Erecting a sign
  • Clearing of Native Vegetation
  • Heritage works
Research and preparation is the key to a successful Planning Permit Application.
Fisher Planning have the knowledge and experience to know which rules apply to your project, and will develop a Planning Report that provides the necessary information for Local Council assessment, that helps streamline your application, reducing cost and time.

Example projects:
  • Application for a shed
  • Application for the subdivision of land
  • Application for the establishment of a business
Further Information

Department of Transport, Planning and Local Infrastructure - A Guide to the Planning System (Victoria)

Planning Hub - NSW Department of Planning and Environment

Development Applications – Government of South Australia

Disclaimer: This material is general in nature. Fisher Planning make it available in good faith.                                  Home   |   Contact   |   Glossary